Our Purangi Location – Directions
FROM NEW PLYMOUTH – approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. 57.5kms
- Head east towards Inglewood
- At Inglewood, continue east along Rata street, across the railway line then continue straight
- Rata Street becomes Tarata Road
- Stay on Tarata Road
- You will travel past the small settlements of Kaimata and Tarata.
- At Tarata over the first of two Waitara river bridges and past the church is ‘Autawa road’ – DO NOT GO DOWN THIS ROAD
- Continue on and at approximately 36kms you will reach Purangi and a second bridge over the Waitara river.
- Continue over the bridge. The name of the road now changes from Tarata Road to Junction Road which is a continuation of Tarata Road.
- Aukawa Road and the ETET Purangi Kiwi Project is on the left hand side of the road as you start to climb the Saddle Road toward Matau
- A large white sign is situated on the left adjacent to the entrance.
- This is a paper road with 2 x gates. Please pass through these gates and leave them as you ﬁnd them (open or closed); there are usually sheep grazing in this area.
- The ETET ﬁeld centre cabin is located a few hundred metres down this gravel road. Please park outside here.